Saturday, December 19, 2009

(Artist Spotlight): Meet Moruf (aka Moo, Na I ain't talkin a cow)

"I was known as black boy with the hot flow, niggas had tims but momma never copped those, mountain gear boots, no levis Paco, jeans I was sportin hand me downs, niggas never liked me all a sudden wanna hear now, why? cuz I'm buzzing like a Bee Hive, wack ass dudes waiting for tee time". Lyrics from the song "Free Dreams" original track on the Garden State of Mind from Moruf 'Moo' Adewunmi. He is also the subject of today's post. In the short time I have come to know Moo he has really grown on me as guy of influence and substance (Definitely looked to him for help when making this blog). Has a dope blog (Streetwear Couture), up and coming label (French Exit), motivated artist, and he is a budding Lyricist. Reminiscent of the old school, Moo's subject matter, style, and demeanor is very funky and vintage. He won't spit you lyrics where he is talking about guns, drugs, and hoes but you will hear him make reference to being from Irvington, NJ or the the fact that he is Nigerian. You more than likely won't catch him without a Supreme fitted and something from The Hundreds. He is a guy trying to blaze his own path and not worried about the in-crowd or being like anyone which is a bit refreshing with all these other "hipsters" around. I had the opportunity to get familiar with his music and it just presents more of the same. Originality, audacity, and Funk. He does the Golden Era of Hip hop proud and doesn't pretend to be anyone he isn't. A Proud Nigerian who may be the best rapper of that country since Wale. I haven't had the chance to assess his full catalog or him on a full lenght mixtape or album but when I do I expect nothing less.  Always looking to plug others on the come up he had me shout out clothing lines  West A. Lifestyle, ASO Clothing, and Fan Base. Also got to show love to his team Jersey Klan, which he says is "Da team...turnin gideas 2 reality open minded positive energy movement". Other stuff Moo throws his stamp of approval behind are the blog The World is Us and Complex Mag (which he draw a lot of inspiration from on his blog). Enough with the shameless plugs... all in all dude is pretty sick on the mic so check him out. If I'm wrong....wait I'm never wrong! ENJOI!

Moo's Music: Garden State of Mind: The Prelude
Moo's Blog: Streetwear Couture
Moo's Twitter: @Moo88
Moo's label/production: French Exit Media

Bonus!
Check my review of Moo's Garden State of Mind: The Prelude:




Here is some more stuff for you guys to checkout

Heart Gallery (Last sunday of every month)

HGIV - Nov. 29th from heart gallery on Vimeo.

Extra Bonus: 2 Man Cypher feat. Moo and David Rush

Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment