Friday, December 17, 2010

On the Come up

It's awesome when I get to listen a new artist and introduce them to our readers here at Visions. Its even more awesome when you went to High School with the artist. I don't know what it is about St. Benedict's that breeds greatness but I've got no issue with it. All-starr Da Great is one of the next artist to come out of Jersey and he is looking to make a name for himself. A member of BFam Entertainment And is signed to Block Ent/Atlantic Records. I have only heard a couple tracks from ADG (as he is called if you been typing a lot) has a gritty hard flow with varying subject matter. In one of his tracks he even goes on to talk about handing out his demo only to have someone think they are being robbed by him (the fact that he is 6'5" might have a bit to do with that). He has potential as an artist and I'm interested in finding out where that goes. I'll leave you guys with a link a couple pics and a bit of bio after the jump. ENJOI

Follow him on Twitter: @AllStarrdagreat
Video: 5 star Freestyle






Bio:
Rapper Aswan Minatee, better known as Allstarr Da Great, was born in Newark, NJ. Growing up in such a challenging neighborhood where many youths fall short of success, ADG kept busy playing the sport he loved, basketball! He played for the nationally ranked basketball team of St. Benedicts Prep. Letting the streets take over his image of positivity, ADG lost his Division 1 scholarship. “I got serious with rapping my senior year in the high because I was slick with the words and after not making the best decisions I had to go to Trinity Valley in Texas while my friends where going to big name schools.” says ADG as he recounts his basketball days.

Soon after that he decided to make a move down south. Several times a week he would take a 2 hour trip to Dallas, Texas to work with G Music Group. He worked in the same studio with artist such as Erykah Badu, Slim Thug and many more. He promoted his music through Internet sources on popular websites and was featured on MTV’s Bubbling Under the Radar for “My Jealousy." On the website HipHopGame.com, his song titled "My Jealousy" was one of the top played songs in history!

Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment