Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hubby Kicks...

I've been a little reminiscent with Valentine's Day rapidly approaching, and I've been thinking of our generation on a whole and how we regard the concept of Love, Like, and Lavishly Lacing our "significant" other around this time of year. I randomly came across an ad for the new Valentine's Nike Dunks and I immediately said to myself, "kids still cop Valentines sneakers??!". LoL, it seems like just yesterday I was (literally)  running around SoHo at 6:45 in the freezing snow trying to get my man the Un-Tiffany's before Clientele closed. Man 2006, those days were so fun, adventurous, and youthful.

Years later, I'm amazed that the same innocence, yet sincerety of going on a quest for the perfect Valentine's Day gift still exists. Fly little 11th graders may be running to the mall to get those new SB's for their boo as I type this..and I applaud them. I haven't been with my "Un-Tiffany" for years now, but while love may fade for whatever reason, kicks are forever. Nowadays, ladies look to jewelry, designer names their basic a%# can barely pronounce, and trips around the world to validate their counterpart, but I've always been a sucker for something a little more thoughtful and practical.

Admittedly, my 20's and my enrollment at a fashion school have transformed me into an official boot/heel/shoe rocker...my Nike's are a thing of the past. Lol, but I will never forget the thought and effort that was put into those Air Max 97's back when things felt so sweet and real.

I suppose this post is simply dedicated to all of us girls who remember the days when Prince Charming came bearing a size 5Y. Fellas, it was fun, and I hope you all approach this lovers' holiday with some spunk, creativity, and more. Let it serve as a reminder that a good gift is damn near eternal because of the memories and symbolism that are associated with such. Now that we're all old enough to (legally) pop some champagne, I'll toast to the Good Ol' Days. ; ) Happy Valentine's Day in advance VOQ fam.

With Love, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment