Monday, January 31, 2011

(2010) And the Winner Is...

So its our 2nd year doing our annual Song of the Year Award and I'm glad to say that I have a winner. My deliberation process is a long and arduous one. It's easy to sometimes to pick the song that was most recently in your head rather than what you thought was the best song overall. So I had to clear my head of each song and go one by one trying to remember what I like(d) about it, where I was mentally and physically at that point in time and does it still have the same affect as it did when I first heard it. Also would I be able to let someone else listen and they would have the same feeling toward the song. A lot of other things go into me choosing as well but these are some of the major factors. My choices were Mos Def - History feat Talib Kweli, Dom Kennedy - It was Beautiful, Rick Ross - B.M.F. feat Styles P, French Montana - I'm on it feat Wiz Khalifa, Nipsey Hussle, and Big Sean, and Reflection Eternal - Just Begun feat. J. Cole, Jay Electronica, and Mos Def. With the factors I  mentioned in mind.. the winner is................... Dom Kennedy - It was Beautiful. This song more than any other embodied my year. When I felt unsettled at all or in between on things I just listened to this song. The beat is so melodic along with Dom's Smooth flow. It just makes for a perfect song and my song of the year winner. So Shout out to Dom and this track. You guys go ahead and take a listen to the track and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. ENJOI!

Follow him on Twitter: @Dopeitsdom
Download the mixtape: Future Street/ Drug Sounds



Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment