Monday, January 31, 2011

The Real Danimal!!


I have to personally apologize because this post was suppose to be up like a week ago. I know I have been slacking. This is a feature on a beat tape by my new favorite up and coming producer, Danimal. I did a post on him a little while back and his collab with an artist by the name of Pr3ci$e. Well Danimal is back at us with his newest tape 2 Day Old Sh*t (Beat tape vol. 2). I have to say that I was quite amused to just hear what his beat making ability was like just on its own. Danimal's versatility and creativity is quite refreshing. He took classic tracks and beats and put his own spin on it which (and I'm guessing) is the concept of the beat tape. Well it works. I could see myself taking a crack at a few of these beats because they definitely have serious some knock in speakers. Tracks like "Fuh Uck you" and "Hands in the Air (Turn the party out)" have that  familiar vibe but with a new funky twist. He even pays homage to one of my favorite rappers Canibus with the track "Get Retarded 2012". "Karate Chop" makes me want to lyrically slaughter somebody with a slew of multis and chisamic word play. On the other hand, Some beats didn't wow me as much like "Clockin' the Hoes'. Nevertheless Danimal manages to delivers a strong and listen worthy beat tape. So any MCs looking for a dope producer to link up with he is your man. A link to the beat tape and his twitter after the jump. ENJOI!

Download: 2 Day Old Sh*t (Beat tape vol. 2)
Twitter: @therealdanimal

Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment