Thursday, November 26, 2009

Uhhh, Lupe Still Got it Folks!

What irks me about the "music scene" is the consensus when I talk with people or read blogs is that after Jay-Z, Kanye, Eminem, & Weezy there's everyone else. I laugh at this because in terms of sales yeah I guess you can say that. But Ive never held sales over talent, appeal, skill, impact. The wave of artists who ALWAYS get left in this secondary room are guys like Nas (yeah I know legend but you would be shocked how many idiots call themselves Hip Hop experts), Joe Budden,  Ludacris, Jadakiss, Fabolous, Andre 3000, Lupe Fiasco, and I could go on for days. Sidebar- MTV's hottest MC's list was a joke (even Q-Tip said that so uhhh yeah Im gonna agree with that) But for the sake of this blog post Im gonna focus on one of Chicago's Finest Mr. Fiasco. And if you dont agree with me listen to Lupe's newest mixtape Enemy of the State which is better than I dont know 80% of the albums that dropped this year. 1 Track (yes, absolute genius who does that!) & 22 minutes of brilliance. He hasnt fallen off, slowed down, or even come close to crossing over. He continues to come out with top flight Hip Hop with concrete mixtapes as well as solid studio albums. Hes in my top ten & if you have the gaul to call yourself a Hip Hop Head he better be in yours.

Mixtape download (chopped up tracks): Enemy of the State Mixtape
Mixtape download (one continuous track): Enemy of the State Mixtape (one track)

2 comments:

  1. Keep doing your thing. I respect it.
    Sincerely, avid follower of VOQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much(really dont know how much that means to us).. we appreciate the support and the love..and We doin our best to Keep it coming. So KEEP FOLLOWIN! :-)

    ReplyDelete