Thursday, November 12, 2009

'U' Will Know Him

I think I'm going to take a line from two of my favorite artists/people I look up to (Wale Folarin & 'Moo')...I'm not a rapper. Im not! I'm an artist! I'm an artist who just happens to rap or rhyme over instrumentals or whatever the kids call it these days. Yes, I started out a comedian a few years back but the thing with me is when youve grown up in Newark/East Orange, NJ & have Nigerian immigrants for parents & lived through and experienced the things I have you have to smile & laugh. In the midst of my pain my joy is not too far away. I love music so much & care about the direction of it (Hip Hop in particular) so much that if I didnt decide to throw in my 2 cents and be apart of it I'd never be able to live with myself. What separates me from the other Billion cats on this earth in this "rat race" for a record deal, money, cars, big booty girls, & fame? Well for starters I'm not in it for any of that. Rappers chase those things. Rappers chase the life. Rappers chase dreams. Artists live dreams. Artists turn dreams into reality. When you hear a song by me you see the song. You see my words & feel what Im feeling. Its easy to take on a name, gimmick, or persona. I refused to do that. Which is why I took on the 'U' My first, middle, & last letter in my government name ('U'goch'U'kw'U'). And everytime you see not hear one of my songs, you will understand what the big deal is about the kid who goes by one letter. Because seriously to be honest with you, all I need is one letter to make you understand 'U'

>The 'U'

1 comment:

  1. ill post man.... it gonna b hard to follow up...letts get'em im up next 2 bat!!!!

    ReplyDelete