Friday, April 29, 2011

Baby Mobsters

Hola visions readers. Today I just felt compelled to do a post on an artist who just does it all. He raps, produces, an established actor, comedian and all around overachiever. This guy's hustle just never ends. I'm talking about Donald Glover. You don't know who that is? You may know him by another name: Childish Gambino. He has made power moves to take his rap career to the next level and I have to say I've become a fan of his come up. A Drake-esque style and similar actor turned rapper path CG has a very in your face, raw, open, and utterly catchy style and delivery. More of a punchline guy he has some very clever lines in his verses. "Alright Gambino is a mastermind, fuck a bitch to past the time, mass appeal orange line, you smoke your green I'm spending mine, the beat is witches brew so beware this shit is potent, ee cumin in her face call it poetry in motion" although a bit vulgar this bar from 'Freaks and Geeks' hooked me from the Jump. He is also very real all too often we catch artist trying to talk about things they have no business talking about but CG isn't one of them. From Touching on his plight with girls to worrying about people not believing in him, Childish goes through and helps to make the soundtrack to every male early 20 something year olds life. Im looking forward to hearing more from him and what a full length mixtape has to offer but I'm down with the CG movement. He is also on tour and I'm totally looking for some tickets but I hear they are a hard find. If you guys got a hook up let me know!! That's all for now and I'm going to post his most recent EP for you guys to checkout because I have most definitely been bumping to it. ENJOI!

Twitter: @DonaldGlover
Blog: http://www.Iamdonald.com
Http://www.childishgambino.blogspot.com
Childish Gambino EP: http://www.mediafire.com/?545ra9xzlgftngc (if you can't click through just copy and paste)

Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment