Thursday, April 7, 2011

One More Time For The Ladies

My heart was all a'flutter as I got hit with all things wonderful upon the news of Elle Magazine's new issue launch. The "Women In Music" issue features 12 female artists that demonstrate insane talent, crazy style, and endless swag on the regular. I love that the dozen are a combination of both rookies and vets and that Elle really handpicked a variety of artists that cover all genres. Gwen Stefani is the star of the show, however, Miss Nicki Minaj also landed a well-deserved cover shot. Others include Willow Smith, Adele, and Jennifer Hudson as well as some true queens in the game like Aretha Franklin.

It's really refreshing to come across yet another movement of unity and women's empowerment through such a universal outlet as music and art. & of course this post wouldn't be true to form if I didn't also mention the sick styling within this spread!! I'm practically drooling over Nicki's mini dress by designer Mark Fast, and I adore that dope origami-inspired skirt wrapped around tiny little Willow. (More on my obsession after I actually cop the issue LoL).

MTV peeped the fact that neither Katy Perry nor Rihanna made the final 12, which I must agree was a little surprising. They also dropped some great quotes from Gwen Stefani on how she feels about some of the newcomers and the image that they're striving for, claiming that despite what many say, she sees very little influence of herself in them. (click here for MTV's article)

All in all, I'm really excited about the issue which hits stands April 12th. Elle really scored big with combining the style, beauty, talent, and charisma of a group of ladies that surely have a story to tell. I highly encourage anyone who is as passionate as I am about music, fashion, and girl power to support this dope editorial piece!!



With Love, xo

No comments:

Post a Comment