Saturday, November 12, 2011

Watch the Throne: The Recovery

VOQ Friends & Fam!!!..it's been a mean minute. I've been busy running the streets, chasing dreams, and well....watching my own damn throne. Ha! When I found out I was going to be attending the most legendary concert of our time I KNEW I was going to do a post on my experience...I didn't know I was going to be so blown away by it that it would take me a week to collect my thoughts LoL but here's the run down...


Thanks immensely to a homie of mine, D. Fenelus (@dfenelus) I was treated as an early birthday gift to head to the IZOD Center last Saturday. As if the offer alone wasn't amazing enough, I almost passed out when I found out that he scored floor seats!!! My anticipation was through the roof.


Fast forward to the lights going out and the instrumental for "H.A.M" being cued...as soon as I saw Kanye in his ill ass graphic tee and leather kilt (LoL only 'Ye man), I knew history was about to be made. Hov appeared on his own LED-covered platform and it was just overrrrr for me. Seriously, the graphics, the lights, the lazers...just..brilliant.


As Sid mentioned, they not only performed all the hits off of the WTT album, but their own individual hits as well. What I loved the MOST was the energy and passion that Jay-Z and Kanye STILL have for songs that were created damn near a decade ago. I was close enough to see a genuine smile on Hov's face when he deaded the beat and just straight spit "Jigga What" like he was back in that first moment. That's love. & Kanye's witty breaks here and there were cool too lol...honestly,their years of friendship and appreciation for each other's genius was so evident on stage it really made you feel good to be a fan. <3


I could go on and on forever about how much I truly enjoyed myself. No gas, Jay-Z and Kanye are the kings. If you were not in attendance you are not allowed to argue. Lmao. Much respect to them for their vision. The show was a complete success in my opinion. Hov and 'Ye...thank you for your talent, your creativity, and your 3 rounds of  "Nxggas in Paris" before the show was through. Love, VOQ

-XO
Stage Flow! WTT Mosh Pit haha
Here's the link for another vid from the show...so close I could've been a backup dancer lol....Enjoy!           http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=541377019314&set=t.610097330&type=3&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment