Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Gone..but not forgotten...

Today's post is one of the more grim post you will see on our dear blog but I will do my best to bring a light to side. on April 19, 2010 Hip Hop lost one of its greatest legends. Keith "Guru" Elam passed away due to medical complications with multiple myeloma. One of the most influential people in Hip Hop in making it what it is today and also one of Visions largest inspirations. Between Husani, Ugo and I we will trade Gang Starr tracks for days. From Skillz to Mass Appeal to Check the Technique to Rite Where you Stand I was bred on real hip hop and Gang Starr and Guru holds true to that. This post is not so much a mourning of his death but a celebration of his life, music, impact, and his amazing career as a hip hop pioneer. I don't want to be preachy or overreach my ode to Guru. So I will let his music do the talking. R.I.P. Guru ....Long Live Gang Starr. ENJOI!






RIP Guru




Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment