Friday, January 29, 2010

JAM OF THE WEEK: Just Begun (Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek ft. Jay Electronica, J. Cole, & Mos Def)

Any time I need a reminder of why I love this Hip Hop Music thing so much I hit shuffle on the iPod Touch, or I go on one of my infamous 'Rap Runs' online to search for new tunes by favorite MC's of past and present. This week I heard through the grapevine that Talib Kweli & DJ Hi-Tek were linking back up for the first time in a goood minute for a much needed mixtapeThe RE:Union Mixtape (mixed by Statik Selektah)  and album which will be released later this year. The mixtape is dope & is a MUST-COP for true Hip Hop Heads out there. But the featured track is Bloggn Out's Inaugural JAM OF THE WEEK! Just Begun featuring Talib Kweli, Jay Electronica, J. Cole, & Mos Def. Yoooo! I had this on repeat for literally 3 days straight. It is actually playing as this post is being made lol These 4 MC's Amadou Diallo'd this Hi-Tek beat and proved once again if you have the audacity to think Hip Hop is dead you are brain dead yourself. If you were to list the best verse you really wouldn't be wrong putting anyone first or last because everyone was on their A+ game for real. Check out the track for yourself & make sure you grab the rest of this mixtape ASAP!


Letter After T, Before V
'U'

No comments:

Post a Comment