Sunday, January 17, 2010

"Song of the Year goes to...."

Its a new year. New songs are dropping and all that good stuff. But I wanted to take a step back and actually tell you folks what my choice for song of 2009 was. If you don't remember the choices I'll refresh your memory. My post "And the Winner is.." (consider your memory refreshed). One Thing I did notice about my choices was as much as I tried to deny it Gucci Mane (smh) had a choke hold on 2009 along with one of my all time favorites Hov. And that is really what it ALMOST came down to. A southern phenom (in the oddest sense of the word) and an All Time Great battling out for my song of the year. But I almost forgot about the underground come up with Nigerian blood in his Veins. When I really thought about it the decision came down to 3 songs that I was bumping from the time I heard them. Wasted (Remix) by Gucci Mane, Pretty Girls by Wale, and Empire State of Mind by Jay-Z. All songs I had in heavy rotation throughout the ending parts of 09. When It came down to it I chose the song that really bumped in my iTunes, I felt like I could isten to at any time (and over and over) not just the hottest. And that is why the choice for MY(emphasis on MY) Song of the year goes to.............


PRETTY GIRLS!!!!!!


So Why not give it another play.. ENJOI!

SB: I feel like the world has slept on this Wale fella. Dude really did his thing in 09. I definitely wanted to review his album but technical difficulties prevented this. Attention Deficit - Solid Album! Pretty Girls - DOPE SONG! Fun Fact: The guy got the first Award this blog has ever given out. he definitely made history. Go buy his Album

Follow him on twitter: @Wale

Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment