Thursday, May 6, 2010

"WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?" ..OH BEYONCE....

Just when we all thought we could sit and catch our breath for a minute after keeping up with Beyonce's neverending grind all year, she comes again with something fresh...

Admittedly, I have very complex opinions about Beyonce: I think she is incredibly  talented when it comes to singing, songwriting, dancing and pulling off haute couture...but I also think she overdoes it with trying to do it all at one time in monthly/weekly/hourly intervals LoL. Where as her younger sister, Solange (one of my favs, who coincidentally wrote this great track) is outspoken, edgy, and carefree 24/7, Beyonce sort of confuses me with her multiple public personas....Nevertheless...no hatin over here...at the end of the day there is no denying she's officially a heavy hitter in the game & I admire her.....soOoo with that said, I have to give my 2 thumbs up to her newly released single "Why Don't You Love Me?" off her 'I Am..Sasha Fierce' album.. along with the video which aired earlier this week.

The video showcases Bey as 1 part 70's bada$$, 1 part 50's darling housewife, and 1 part avant-garde pin-up...venting her frustration with being Mrs. Everything : cooking, cleaning, and turning her sexy on for her beau and still getting no love... "Bey is that you smoking cigs and sipping on dirty martinis?!" ....mm yup. LoL. She's channeled everyone from Lucille Ball to Lady GaGa to Joan Crawford up in this one. It's kind of crazy, in a good way. I won't go on & on...the vid is wild enough to speak for itself...I love the styling, I love the directing and the grainy, smoky kind of retro filming, and if I had to pick a fav part it would be her dusting all her Grammy's on that mantle! It's like a subliminal middle finger to any haters haha...okay kids...enough of me...

>>> WATCH iT HERE <<< & Enjoy. & Give Feedback. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment