Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Ears are Distant Relatives to the RPMs

I LOVE HIP HOP! Plain and Simple. So when Two sets of heavy hitters in Hip Hop release albums (on the same day [May 18th]) and it is met with little recognition it kind of bothers me. Talib Kweli and HI-Tek or Reflection Eternal as they are more commonly know dropped their sophmore collaboration album and it goes with out even a trickle in many realms. Nas and Damian Marley come with their groundbreaking collob album Distant Relartives and what have you heard of it? I could rant and complain but I will just promote Two of my favorite Lyricist in Nas and Talib, One of the most underrated producers in Soundtrack, and the son of the greatest reggae artist of his time Damian Marley. I will be purchasing copies of both albums (probably off iTunes) and you should to. I can't stress enough the importance of of supporting good music. It really is a shame that these guys don't always get the recognition that they deserve but I hope at least a couple more folks know about these releases. So go Cop my Hip Hop Heads (nice alliteration). ENJOI!

Buy the Album: Distant Relatives


Buy the Album: Revolutions Per Minute


Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment