Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Fresh is my Religion

I am a sneakerhead. I have been for a while. It wasn't until about 2 years ago that my passion for sneakers kicked in high gear. The rate at which I bought kicks doubled. Having a Job helped supply my habit. Having a car stifled my habit but I copped nonetheless. My question to you is what makes someone a sneakerhead? Are there levels of sneaker lover? This is pretty obvious because there are various levels to any passion. You have those who buy kicks to stay in style. You have the sneaker connoisseurs. There are the true sneakerheads. And finally you have the sneaker collectors. Now there are people who may fall somewhere in between on this spectrum or even be a mix of more than one. I would say I fall somewhere between a connoisseur and a sneakerhead. My collection is large enough that I would be considered higher than just the average copper but I still have a voice of reason and may even pass on "Must Have" kicks for financial or economical purposes so I cant claim full fledged sneakerhead. I am pretty damn close though. I also feel like more than just buying kicks goes in to being considered a sneakerhead and what not. In my eyes its easy for someone (with the funds of course) to buy every pair of sneakers and claim the title of sneakehead or best sneaker game. What I think truly makes up a dope sneaker game is diversity and skill of selection. A person could have 60 pairs of 1 shoe and that to me wouldn't make them a sneakerhead but just one who likes to cop. Now I have a preference for Jordans and Dunks but that doesn't make up my entire kick game. I love Supras, Creative Recs, and other Nike Brand kicks. Air Hoop Structures (to me anyway) have taken Nike's game to a new level. Reminiscent of Jordan VIs yet taking on a style all their own they have easily become one of my favorite sneakers. I'm also a fan of the classics: Foamposites, Griffey's, Air Max's, Bo Jacksons and the like. They all hell contribute to make a person's sneaker game on point. Now there are those who just move above collecters, who have accrued and amassed a collection that is unfathomable to some. Guys Like SneakGeekz and Franalations who are legends among the sneaker game. They embody sneakerheads/collectors to the fullest. My question would be to them: what would be your Kick statrting 5? A true sneakerhead no matter how large or minute his collection could choose 5 pairs that they could willingly live with to wear for the rest of their lives. Sneakers to many are just shoes you put on your feet. To a very select few its a way of life. They live, sleep and breath sneakers. They have the kick game to a point where they could match it up to a starting squad on the basketball court. They have their holy grail (Star Player), the go to kicks (solid big man), the head turners (flashy player or showboat), premium quality kicks (consistent producer), the sleeper kicks (the X-factor), and the late in the game kicks(the 6th man). What would be you starting 5 + 1? Sneakers are my passion. I love sneakers as much as I love music and football... And that is a hell of a lot. I wanted to do this just to give you guys a look into the mind of a sneakerhead. I will probably be collecting and buying sneakers until im 6 feet in the ground. With that I will leave you with a quote of mine from a verse I wrote and my kick starting squad (for the summer). ENJOI!

"Even in my demise I would as em why cry, Ralphie L and Space Jams even fresh when I die"
The Star Player

 The Solid Big Man
The ShowBoat
 The Consistent Producer

 
The X-factor

The Sixth Man













Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment