Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MONTCLAiR AFRICAN AMERICAN HERITAGE PARADE & FESTIVAL THIS WEEKEND!!

Hey VOQ Fam! Sheesh, I know it's been a minute since the last post, but you know how it goes during the first legit week of summer...you lose all track of days and hours LoL...anyway I'M BACK..with an invitation for YOU to join ME and the rest of the cool kids in keeping up with TRADITION and showing PRIDE during this weekend's annual
Montclair African American Heritage Parade & Festival....

As many of you know (or maybe don't know) I grew up in West Orange, however my fam roots are all up and through Montclair, so I can attest to this event, which has taken place on the first weekend of June since I was born, as being something to definitely look forward to. ; )


The parade appeals to everybody from 8 to 80 with drill teams, Greek orgs, churches, bands, you name it in attendance...I also heard there's an appearance from FOQUS Ent. (for those who are familiar)...so with that said, DO make it your business to come through with the family and support Black Heritage which is a beautiful thing. It starts at Nishuane Park at 10:30am on Saturday June 5 (rain date Sunday June 6)...but everybody congregates down on Elm Street (trust me LoL).

After the parade, the festival takes place at Glenfield Park, right down the street, where you will find vendors, live performances (this year: an MJ tribute & dedication to Haiti, and dance group ENVY again for those who are familiar)...you will also find stations for free health screenings. This all goes down from 12noon-6pm. Come through and celebrate your heritage!!! I hope to see you : ) You can find me w/ my shades, BBQ food, and a banana icy (which is a must for me every year lol).

Until next time...later folks!! Lots of Love, Farasha XO

*Note: The flyer states that vendor space is still available so if you or anyone you know is looking to sell their goods or services contact 973-509-4915 for more info..it's def important to support Black enterprise nowadays, especially our peers that we know are trying their hand at legit entrepreneurship!!

No comments:

Post a Comment