Friday, July 16, 2010

101 things in 1001 days

I was inspired by a lovely young lady to do something quite challenging and frankly quite fun. I was over at my friend April's Blog (http://hernameisaprilrose.com/) [I'm on my iPhone so no click thru links] and I stumbled across a post that read "101 things in 1001 Days". I read through it and I felt like the challenge was something I'd be interested in trying. Its a test of will power, endurance, and your drive to persevere. The cool thing about it is that it's mapping out your goals. You set them and it is then up to you to figure out how and when you will achieve all of them. It's a way to Push yourself to your fullest potential which I'm always a fan of. So I decided #Ohledoit (yes I quoted Gucci). You guys know how I feel about talking so I'll just get to the rundown. ENJOI!

The Mission
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

My List
Start date : Sunday August 1st, 2010
End date : Sunday April 28th, 2013

1. Move out my mothers house
2. Find my own apartment (one is very different from 2)
3. Visit at least 2 foreign countries
4. Double my sneaker collection
5. Get a new Car
6. Sell my old one
7. Finish the Sudoku book sitting in my work locker
8. Begin to learn a new language (Spanish, Italian, or Japanese)
9. Record my own full length mixtape :-)
10. Start doing video reviews again
11. Read at least a book a month
12. Attend a Detroit Pistons Game
13. Attend a St. Louis Rams Game
14. Attend a New York Yankees game
15. Re-teach myself Latin
16. Get into a fight (they can't all be positive lol)
17. Go to California, Georgia, and Florida
18. Get good at madden again..
19. Purchase my own PS3 (and/or Xbox 360)
20. Generate at least $1000 in extra income a month (you know how)
21. Buy and sell a house (It's very possible)
22. Give away something to someone who needs it more
23. Create an alternate personality and live it for a day
24. Learn (and properly use) at least 3 new words a week
25. Finish a crossword puzzle
26. Earn at least one new belt in some form of martial arts (preferably Tae Kwon Do)
27. Attempt the fat sandwich challenge (my sandwich name: the Fit Sid - wheat roll, grilled chicken strips, mozzarella sticks, French fries mayo, ketchup and lettuce)
28. Record a bunch of other tracks (at least 12)
29. Become a good enough freestyler to speak on and fluently articulate a subject without repitition (for at least 5 minutes)
30. Do a 100 push ups straight
31. Finish beating grand theft auto
32. Payoff and cut up my credit card
33. Pay off at least half my car note
34. Pay my Rutgers ticket fine and get my Diploma
35. Frame my diploma
36. Consistently post on both my blogs (at least a post a week on VOQ and 10-30 on my tumblr a week) - [No less then 30 post a month in All]
37. Buy my herds duffle
38. Save 20-100 dollars a week
39. Go on a Karmaloop (Breezy Excursion/Fully laced/ Adapt) shopping spree
40. Get my mom, brother and sister a Birthday gift
41. Get my back account consistently in the triple digits.
42. Get my computer fixed and/or get a new computer
43. Make myself cry
44. Log and regulate my eating habits for a period no less than a month but not exceeding 3 months)
45. Earn a starting spot as a Bergen Hawk
46. Pamper a woman for a Day... (choosin at random from: My mom, Grandma, little sis, aunts, cousin, friend.. No strings)
47. Give Blood
48. Get a better and/or second Job
49. Buy clothes that fit my new body
50. Learn how to (and) land a successful backflip
51. See Mos Def, Common, and Kanye in concert (if possible)
52. See MF Doom in concert
53. Go two weeks without using twitter
54. Pay back all the money my moms has lent me
55. Test Drive an expensive sports car (Lamborghini, Aston Martin, Porsche)
56. Get my license back
57. Find reasonably priced car insurance (really freaking difficult)
58. Make a monthly spending Budget
59. Balance and keep track of spending and receipts every month
60. Write a letter to someone
61. Get a new skateboard
62. land a kickflip, heelflip and a hard flip (doesn't all have to be in one sitting)
63. Read the Newspaper 2Xs a week
64. Vegas
65. Take my family out to dinner
66. Dunk a basketball on a 10 ft Rim
67. Watch the Star Wars series in it's entirety
68. Also Bourne Trilogy
69. The Godfathers too
70. Read a Harry potter book
71. Cut my body fat % in half (Goal: 12% or lower)
72. Do community service as often as you can (once a month or every couple months)
73. Eat at Red lobster
74. Pay off my state surcharges EARLY
75. Get a Pic, forced fumble, fumble recovery, and a sack in a game (BH)
76. Go a month without drinking
77. Record every verse I have in my phone - good or bad
78. Cook Dinner for my family
79. Attend my business meetings at least 2 times a month
80. Attend at least 2. Business functions
81. Share my business plan with 1-4 people a week for a year
82. Visit St. Thomas at least 2 more times
83. But new Cleats and Gloves
84. Take my workout "After" Pics
85. Spend a day take pictures of everything that catches my eye
86. Perform 1-3 of my verses at an Open Mic
87. Go to Church and visit a Mosque
88. Add 10-15 new artist to my iTunes library a year
89. Add 3000 songs to my iTunes library
90. Buy an independent artists' album
91. Record a Visions of Quest Track
92. Record a track with Sah and Bash
93. Write a letter to myself and read it in a year
94. Go to one of my little Brothers Baseball Games
95. Go see my little sister in her cheerleading competition
96. Buy Kanye' Good Ass Job THE DAY it comes out.
97. Squat 500 and bench 350 again
98. Volunteer/help coach little league football again
99. Go see a movie in theaters that I like more than once
100. Prank Call a person
101. Put away $5 or $10 for each completed task (depending on difficulty) – the total to be spent shopping at the end of my 1001 days

Sb: (If you feelin brave start your own 101 in 1001 hit up me or April for help :-)

Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment