Tuesday, July 6, 2010

(Get Familiar): Herds that Don't Flock

July 4th will no longer be referred to as the 4th of July because America's Independence won't be the only thing synonymous with the day. It will now be called HERDS of July. Why, you ask? Because one of the most anticipated releases of the year occured on that very sunday.They have finally arrived. Herds of the Fathers fine leather goods is finally here folks!! I know you can here my excitement . This brand is something I watched grow and expand like it was my nephew or something. My Brothers over at Herds have noursihed it into a healthy prosperous entity. I've watched all the work, time and effort Tobi Babajide and Jason Akoi to get to where they are now and its history in the making. I have known these guys for a while now and I have got mad love for them and their drive, ambition and savvy. I remember when I  got a facebook message with the subject line that read "follow the journey...need your support" and all the message read was "its time... Herdsofthefathers.com". Before I even finished clicking through to the link I was down. I saw the potential from day one and to watch where it is now is really something that is hard to fathom. One thing I will say is that I am glad to be a witness. This is more of a reintroduction to you, our readers, to these guys. We have have featured them on here before. So its not really that you guys should get familiar so much as you should already be familiar. I really want you guys to understand how creative a market these young black entrepreneurs have tapped into. They sell leather goods. They are not a clothing line, they are not musicians, they are bag designers. This means they are taking on juggernauts like Louie Vuitton and Ralph Lauren head on in a specific market. It's virtually unheard of and really a brilliant move on their part. So they need your support! They have the potential to be as large a name as any of these brands and the ambition to do so. I know I will be buying a bag once my money situation is squared away. I have been waiting to buy a Duffle bag since they first released images and now that it's finally here. I will be following through on that purchase soon (might also get a mini backpack too). So show these guys some love and check out the site. Buy a mini backpack or a regular bag but just show your support. I know I will. ENJOI!

Their Site:

Follow these guys on twitter (Click the Picture):
Jason


Tobi

The Bags(Click through each pic to shop Herds of the Fathers




Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment