Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wale | "Ambitious Girl" ....Dedicated...To Me.

"Ambitious Girl...you just wanna win..."


I feel like Wale really and truly appreciates the grind and determination of all of us hard-working ladies with a vision to succeed...which is why yesterday, I stopped in the middle of what I was doing to sit in Central Park  and take a listen immediately after seeing a link posted on Twitter via his account. Three words after doing so.... I Love It.

This joint preceding his "More About Nothing" mixtape is such a refreshing interruption to the trap music we've all been eating up as of late. I assumed it was going to be a song and was really surprised when I pressed play only to discover that it is actually a spoken-word piece. Different. Creative. Honest. Inspiring.

Really, I can sing praises about it all day, mainly because I AM that Ambitious Girl...that girl that ran up and down Manhattan yesterday in 90+ degree weather with garment and shopping bags and cell phone in hand, the same girl that finished getting off the phone with her school to finalize payments for this semester, the same girl that gives out business cards at any random moment....the girl that does whatever it takes....the girl with AMBITION...ya dig?

So here you go...if you haven't already downloaded this and put it on repeat...take a listen right now to this super mellow set of stanzas....and ENJOY : )  -With Love, Farasha xo

No comments:

Post a Comment