Monday, March 29, 2010

Hip-Hop vs. Rap (Just Thoughts Not a Thesis)





vs 




I know I’ ve been slacking and this is my second post...but bear with me people. What I had to get off my chest before me before I reach an intense slumber; was the difference between hip hop& rap. Like my boy Charles G Clark said on his blog The Wacko Monologues  rap for most, like all music is a getaway, an escape from the worldly pressures that plague us daily. So when compared to music one has to actually think about, most responses would contain some sort of justification claiming that they’ve gotten enough learning or done a great deal of thinking during the day so why would they want in their music? That’s why I believe the perfect way to explain hip hop is like a career or business trip; something that challenges, while still having total admiration and fun-like emotions toward the genre. Hip hop in essence for those who realize what im talking about is not jus food for thought but, the escape, and all other things wrapped up in one. So much so (whether right or wrong) any TRUE hip hop head might just want to fight in defense of their music...


-Teen Gohan aka Hudini 

No comments:

Post a Comment