Friday, March 19, 2010

JAM OF THE WEEK: It was Beautiful

I was doing some browsing the other day. I check a few blogs ever so often just to see what's what with folks in my age bracket and that I know or know of (they are posted to the right). One of those blogs is The Award Tour ran by pretty cool guy by the name of Phil. So he had series of post called Californication and as I was reading one he mentioned a guy by the name of Dom Kennedy with a link to one of his songs called Hard Work... which I thought was pretty dope. So I did a bit of musical research via Youtube and stumbled across his mixtape. So you know I'm a fan of new music (new to me at least) so i downloaded the mixtape and came across the reason for today's post. "It Was Beautiful" has the most mellow melodic beat I have heard in a while and it's funny because I feel like I can't listen to anything else its been in my head so much. So I thought why not let the Visions fam get mesmerized by the beat as well. So here's my Jam of the Week. ENJOI!




SB: Big shoutout to Phil for this gem. I'm a big fan of the blog and the brand. Been trying to get a shirt or a hoody for the longest but it's always sold out lol. I want to get in touch with him to see if I can't do a collaborative effort to make a logo and maybe even a line for VOQ.. Who knows..But yea Check him out.

Check out His Blog: The Award Tour 
Follow him on twitter: @OnAwardTour

Another SB: I may end up doing a mixtape review on this Dom Kennedy so look out for it.

Stay RURF
Sdot

No comments:

Post a Comment