Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TO THiNE OWN SELF BE TRUEEE!!! PLEEEAAASEEEE!!! [PART 1]

Listen, within the past couple of days I've been doing a lot of 'soul searching'..(I mean what college kid hasn't been w/ the end of the spring semester/beginning of grind time quickly approaching LoL) & what I didn't realize up until yesterday morning was that whatever decisions I had been struggling to make were all nonsense: in reality, my mind had been made up about certain matters and apparently I was simply in search of confirmation..like, "am I really doing the right thing?!"...duh! of course I was! because it was what I WANTED TO DO! Keep up kids, I'll try not to confuse you...what I'm basically saying is, life is too short to second-guess yourself or keep yourself in a situation that hinders who you truly are when you have full control of getting out of it. Feel me? Okay lol...so now that I'm done w/ my mini-diary entry lol I can proceed to the inspirational aspect of this potentially dope post : ) 

I have a friend, Briana, who has the sweetest tat..."To thine own self be true" on her shoulder...and this is what encouraged me to make my latest decision to get rid of something that just wasn't allowing me to BE MYSELF....after a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders via professional email, I go to class where we're discussing two pioneers within their own right: Pierre Cardin and Patti Smith. I'm gonna leave you w/ 2 links to read first...then after this Business Law test.....come back w/ the fashion flip LoL...lot's of love.

PiERRE CARDiN

PATTi SMiTH NY TiMES

No comments:

Post a Comment