Tuesday, March 30, 2010

(Artist Spotlight): Take a hit of that PIFF!

Mix jersey club music with synthesizers, an 808 beat machine, some autotune, and some other "influences" and you are just starting to understand the wildness of Chad PIFF. He is probably one of the most abstract artist I've heard in a while considering the group of guys he runs with I shouldn't be too surprised. He is closely affiliated with the Wyld Stylaz but he has a style and a sound all his own. Chad is a guitarist, producer, a singer, rapper and yet you'd be wrong if you tried to categorize him as a single one of these. I've met him a few times and he is one of the coolest guys you'll meet. He'll hand you a business card and hand you a wine cooler in the same motion. I have seen him work in the studio and he does his own thing once he is in the booth. He gets in his zone and makes good music. I have heard a lot of different tracks from him and seen his growth and development of his own style. With sounds reminicisent of Kanye circa 808 and heartbreaks, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne and DJ Frosty (lol) Chad is a diverse dude and a guy you can't help but know about if you from Jersey. And if you haven't heard of the guy you soon will. I had the chance to listen to his most recent mixtape Malls ans Diner and I can't say too much except its pretty dope. I got a review coming soon for it and I'll have it at the bottom for download so you can decide for yourself. I say it about every artist I mention on here.. and I will continue to. I can't emphasize it enough. GET FAMILIAR!!!! So folks just understand you need to know this man. Essex county's own Chad PIFF. ENJOI!

Chad's fan page: Chad PIFF on Facebook
Chad's Twitter: @ChadPIFF
Chad's Mixtape: Malls and Diners
Sb: listen to the mixtape and then listen to it under some sort of influence(mine was a bit of alcohol)..it gets that much better lol

Stay RURF
Sdot

3 comments:

  1. Jimmy the homie! =) so happy 4 him. Wo-town stand up a little bit more hehe..xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHAD is the effin man

    ReplyDelete